I’ll never forget the first few weeks of my engagement because I was beside myself with joy and excitement, and I was brimming with ideas. I remember looking into the fields of Virginia on our drive back from Tennessee, and imagining what kind of wedding I’d have, an outdoor or barn wedding, or maybe a tent reception? With each new vision came thoughts of who would stand by my side.
Photography by Lauren Rae via Perfect Palette
Like I mentioned before, it wasn’t a week into my engagement before I started searching for cute ways to ask my closest friends to be my bridesmaids. I spent hours preparing special packages for each girl, with a personalized t-shirt and homemade card. In each one, I printed this poem:
A friend knows the song in your heart
And can sing it back to you
When you’ve forgotten the words.
It’s hard for me to believe
That in just a short while
Mr. Brooch and I will be
Walking down the aisle
Nothing would give me
More joy and pride
Than to have you there by my side.
I’ll need someone to help hold up my dress while I pee too!
Will you be my bridesmaid?
I don’t remember where I found the poem, but I liked it and thought it was cute! Nowadays, the poems and cards are so much better – and there’s a plethora of them! So, for all you newly engaged ladies, excited to bring your bridesmaids aboard, I compiled a list of 25 ways to ask for maids! I’d love to know your favorite from this list!
- A Handwritten Note via Beyond & Beyond
- Be My Wing Girl via Style Me Pretty
- Free Will You Be My Bridesmaid Printable via Wedding Chicks
- Be My Maid Boxes via WeddingChicks
- Sugar Paper Letterpress Will You Be My Bridesmaid Card via J. Crew
- Will You Be My Bridesmaid Printable Chalkboard Card via LaLuna Designs
- The Best Day Ever Includes You Card via Caffeine Colour
- Bridesmaid Rhinestone Tank & Gift Box via Something Turquoise
- Free Will You Be My Bridesmaid Printable via Something Pretty
- Darling Will You be my Bridesmaid Gold Foil Card via Charm & Fig
- I Found My Man But I still Need my Girls
- “Will You Be My” Mini Gift via Floridian Wedding
- Will You Be My Bridesmaid Gift Box via WeddingChicks
- It’s My Tun to Pop the Question via Charm & Fig
- Will You Be My Bridesmaid Illustration Card via April Heather Art
- Bridesmaid Cut-Outs (below) via Once Wed
- Custom Wine Label via TenTwelveDesigns
- Will You be My Bridesmaid Box via The Pretty Blog
- Unraveling Ribbon via Bridal Musings
If cards and crafts aren’t your thing, you could always throw a swanky dinner party to ask your girls!
How are you planning to ask your friends to be bridesmaids?
Are you buying a special card or crafting something?