Good morning friends! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I spent mine in Delaware with my sister-in-law celebrating her engagement — it was so fun! I may have mentioned she got engaged on Christmas Day and of course, I’m totally thrilled!
Today I’m sharing one of favorite breakfast casseroles. I made this during my paleo challenge and it just kind of stuck. My family loves this casserole and because it only requires 3 ingredients, we make it often!
This recipe is borrowed from Mark’s Daily Apple and I love that it’s so easy to modify. If you don’t like spinach, try making it with kale instead! Not a huge fan of the roasted red pepper sausage? Try it with the apple chicken sausage instead, or just regular sausage! The brand of sausage I use is Aidells, which can be found at both regular and bulk grocery stores, like Costco. (See some of my other favorite things to buy at Costco here.) I like Aidells because they use all natural quality ingredients and their products do not have nitrates, added hormones or MSG.
When I first tried this recipe, I cooked the spinach and parsley with the sausage on the stove before mixing it in with the eggs, but I’ve since learned that’s not necessary! The sausage is pre-cooked, so you can literally throw it all in a baking dish and pop it in the oven!
When it’s cooked and had a chance to cool I usually cut the casserole into squares and package them in Ziploc bags for work! I heat a sqaure for about 30 seconds when I get in the office and enjoy it with my coffee. It’s very satisfying!
- 8-10 Eggs
- 2 Chicken Sausage Links (or more, depending on how meaty you want it)
- 2 Cups of Spinach (or Kale)
- A small bunch of parsley (optional)
- This is the easiest casserole, ever!
- Mix eggs, spinach, and parsley in a bowl.
- Slice and heat sausage pieces over the stove.
- Combine all ingredients into a greased 8×8 baking sheet.
- Cook on 375 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until firm.
- Cut the casserole into squares and package them inidividually in Ziplocs for easy grab-and-go breakfast.