Hello and happy Friday!
How’s your day going? I’ve been on a roll this morning: hit up a 7am yoga class thanks to ClassPass (I’m loving it so far, FYI) and also completely cleaned up and organized our second bedroom! It feels great to get so much done right thing! I’m off work today, the weekend, and Monday and Tuesday – woohoo! – but I have a long to do list! House stuff. Blog stuff. #firstworldproblems, right? I know!
Anyway, you guys know I love Fashion Fridays and I try to share with you whenever I come across cool CrossFit gear; gear in general, really! And so, with that, I thought those of you who enjoyed those posts might like to know about #WODSwap! Have you heard of it?
I think this is a genius idea and I’m already signed up to participate!
Jenn over at Wine to Weightlifting came up with #WODSwap. She has an awesome down-to-earth (often comical) CrossFit blog and will be hosting and coordinating monthly #WODSwaps. Here’s how it works (from Jenn’s original post):
- Every month, get matched up with another person who loves to WOD (You can WOD at a box, at home, in a globo gym, honestly, don’t even need to be someone who Crossfits!).
- Jenn will send you your WOD buddy’s email address and you can send them a friendly note, introduce yourself; say where you WOD, what you like to do, share something interesting about yourself. From here, you can chat a bit, find out what your WOD buddy likes/dislikes, get to know each other, and get his or her address.
- With a budget of $25, send your WOD buddy a package of goodies sometime during the month! (This month’s swap begins November 10th so you’d have to send something by the end of November). Send a shirt from your home box, headbands, tank tops, t-shirts, socks, wrist wraps, shorts, tape, grips, or maybe something to aid in recovery. Get creative!!! (Note: Keep the timing in mind if you order anything online!)
- Send out your package by the 25th of the month.
- Instagram, tweet, blog, and share your goodie box in the first week of the next month!
What do you guys think? Fun, right? I already have some great ideas for what I’ll send my swap buddy and of course, I can’t wait to receive something in the mail myself!
A few reasons I love this:
Snail mail is awesome! Who doesn’t love receiving a package?
CrossFit swag, coming your way. Guaranteed! I do a lot of gawking at cute CrossFit clothes: tanks, headbands, wrist wraps, etc., but I never actually buy anything. Since I started CrossFit, the only ‘gear’ I have are wrist wraps! Hopefully I won’t be saying the same after my first swap!
Buying for others is easier. (Or, is it just me?) I know that if I have to buy something for someone else, I hop to it. If I’m buying for myself, I’m on the fence, and usually stay there, not buying anything at all. I’m hoping that buy buying for someone else, I’ll buy a little more often for myself, too (the whole, ‘one for you… one for me’ kinda thing)!
Meeting other CrossFitters is always awesome! Who wouldn’t want to meet more people with similar interests? I have a blog… I imagine the people readingWine to Weightlifting might have a blog… that + CrossFit? We already have so much in common!! I can’t wait to meet you new #WODSwap buddy!!!
It’s a hashtag, so it’s gotta be cool. Nuff’ said.
Are you interested in participating?
The sign-up for November will be open today through Sunday. Matches will be sent out November 10!
Thanks for coordinating, Jenn!
Do you participate in any swaps?
Do you love getting snail mail?
What’s your swag status?